• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Chambersburg Pick-Up Experiences

cruzinz28

Still a ways out for pick up, but wanted to know what experiences people had picking up their HMMWV at the Chambersburg Location? Also, does anyone know if this location is one that is open for limited times a week because it looks like a remote location?

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Still a ways out for pick up, but wanted to know what experiences people had picking up their HMMWV at the Chambersburg Location? Also, does anyone know if this location is one that is open for limited times a week because it looks like a remote location?
Howdy,
Chambersburg, PA = Letterkenny Army Depot
The GovPlanet site is there, kinda off-site.
Area view via Google Maps if you zoom into that picture a few times, you are right at the GovPlanet yard

You will still need all your papers and id, but, is much easier to pick up and leave than other locations.

I was given the info below, but things can change.
Pick-up hours are Monday – Thursday, 8:00AM – 1:00PM
Must schedule 24 hours in advance with Pick-up Support
Contact information will be provided upon scheduling

Last edited:

cruzinz28

Thanks for the responses. My Confirmation says the trucks actually at the Letterkenny Storage Yard. Looks to be north of the location Daybreak provided. Might even be easier to pick up since it is offsite. Hopefully pick-up is as smooth as can be. My neighbor is going to help me with the pick-up with his Lowboy to make life easy. Just wanted to make sure they had room to get in and out with a tractor trailer.

springbok

Great people there, They really care about things. When I got there the truck was running, tires were are pressure and we just drove it on the trailer and off we went.
Best experience in a pickup I have ever had....

cruzinz28

Awesome! I like to hear good things about the location and the care of the vehicles for sure with all the horror stories out there. Like everyone else, the wait is killing me thinking about what might be taken off the truck or what damage could possibly be done to it while Uncle Same is reviewing my paper work to prove who I am... for 3rd or 4th time, just not through GovPlanet.

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,
It is a pretty site along route 997 passing Letterkenny. You look over and see about 4000 Humvees.

chickenbutt

CruzinZ28, I saw you just got your 998, how did your experience with pickup go? Mine is listed as being in Chambersburg and God willing my euc will be clear next week.

cruzinz28

When you get your final email you will get contact information for the yard. Pick up was Monday-Thursday 8:00-3:00 I believe.

They ask that you give them 24 hour notice before pickup and the. Call ahead an hour before arrival to make sure they have your truck pulled and ready to go.

My truck was taken to a secondary storage lot that was not listed on my final paperwork. It's like 6 miles from the first lot so no big deal.

I arrived, handed my paper work to guy, parked the tractor trailer, and by the time I had the ramps down and binders out the guy pulled up in my truck.

FYI, he did roll up through the yard very fast and the brush guard was hanging down the whole way. Thank god it wasn't damaged! I would remind the guy to check your before he pulls it up.

Took longer to strap it down and drive 45 minutes home than the rest of the process.

Very pleased! Everything I saw in pictures was what I got and NO surprises! Secondary lot is wooded and I have some extra cleanup to do and that is it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks