• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

change from 100 amp altermator to 60

yellowstonebill

I have a M923 with a bad generator and after some research have determined that is must be a 100 amp with 3 big post and 3 small pins in a screw on connection. Can I convert to the more popular 60 amp and if so how.

74M35A2

Yes, but the 60amp military models are just as failure prone, there is just more of them in the market. Post a pic of your connection points.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Put a civilian version in the truck and be done with it.

If you look at a 60A military version wrong (or right for that matter) it releases the magic smoke.

MtnSnow

Yes you can. You just need to match up the wires to the correct posts. It's pretty straight forward for example battery Positive cable to Positive post on Alt, exciter wire to field post and ground wire to ground post.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Some of the M939 100a alternators have a separate regulator. Sometimes mounted on the firewall or wheel well area. I have had the regulator go bad, water can seep into it.