• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

changed fuel filters now no power

jrobinson5093

im workin on checkin the pressure i tried today but the bleeder didnt wanna come out so i will try again later. i just dont see how a paper filter will filter more than a wrapped twine filter will.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
While your pulling out your hair on this fuel thing also just as much a we need plenty of delivery pressure/volume we also have to return with out any restrictions Thats why I said to pull off return fuel line at the tank and lookie sea. I like the tanks you can see the return when you open the fill port. Makes checking return fuel a lot easer.

Last edited:

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't have that answer maybe someone else has seen the figures or knows but I would say as long as there is some flow you know it is moving. How bout more than a dribble less than a flood. Sorry best I can do.

jrobinson5093

im startin to think that maybe the truck is runnin like a m35a2 should, but if it is then why here a few weeks ago did the truck get a lot faster and smoke a lot more. i mean i no what causes the power and the smoke but what caused the higher fuel flow.

It's possible that one or more of your filters was incorrectly installed before you replaced them, you said that there was no brass retainer cup on your primary? Maybe the filter was not restricting flow and instead was allowing all your fuel to just bypass the element. Less restriction=higher fuel flow.

I may be wrong but this is a head scratcher, so I'm digging deep.

jrobinson5093

that is the same thing I was thinkin because the primary filter had no cork gasket either it looked like it had come apart and settled in the bottom of the water sep. just for kicks i may take out the primary tomorrow and drive it and see how it acts.

Kalashnikov

You probably have gummed up fuel lines. That's what happened to me when running WMO. Run a high concentration of gas and or diesel to clean it up.

jrobinson5093

im gonna do that just as soon as i get paid friday and can put some fuel in it. but i do about once every two weeks run som gas through it so it should not be so bad . but i do run a lot of oil throught it. i run around 300 miles a week on the truck.

mark salanco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had the same problem, mine was running great, i changed my fuel filters to Jatonka spin-on filters and lost probably 20% of my power. i drive the same road everyday day and on one hill it would cruse up it at 50mph with power to spare, now it slows down to 40mph. what i did notice was that my primary filter was missing the gasket on the top of the filter eliment, it must have been bypassing the primary filter, so when i replaced all of them the power droped way off. i just ordered a pyrometer and boost guage today, so when i get them installed im gonna turn up the fuel.

jrobinson5093

i am gonna turn the fuel up too. i run gas through it i run diesel too i even flushed the lines out so im am gonna turn up the fuel. its wierd thought when im runnin low on fuel all my power and smoke will come back for a few seconds at a time.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
how did you guys make out with your filters and low power issues? i noticed my deuce not producing the same boost pressures as it used to so i changed all my filters jatonka spin on) yesterday after checking my fuel pressure (at the top of the final fuel filter housing). I had about 25psi of fuel pressure at 2000 rpm, and i know its supposed to be around 60-65psi. i diagnosed it one step at a time and first only replaced my secondary filter (napa 3336) and that brought my fuel pressure right back within specs. a couple times a while ago i was able to hit 9.5psi of boost and lately it struggles to get 6.5 psi. even after the filter change, it does not have the same boost as it used to. i have great fuel pressure now but dont know what could cause me to loose that much boost. i know my intake pump is not runnning that well.... but im not sure if that could be the problem. i took it off the other day and checked it and the screen is not clogged. anybody have ideas?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks