• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Changed the Shocks Today. Ho, hum

dabtl

I changed the front shocks on the second deuce today. I came in and washed up for dinner.

I seemed sweaty for some reason after the shower. I looked and it was 97 degrees.:shock:

Oh, well, at least the diesel will not jell tonight.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Civvy or correct mil surplus?

dabtl

Mil Surplus. If I were to do it again I would use civy gas shocks. But, I got these and will try them out.

Probably will not make much difference anyway.

dabtl

Where did you get them and what did they run you, if I may ask?
I got them from eBay some time back and I forget how much. They are listed now at $62.50 per shock, but I did not pay that much as I recall. Maybe $65 for the pair.

I do not think they are as good as the Monroe gas. They maybe, but I do not know yet. In fact, neither may do more than just dampen the vibration in driving.

I will see this next weekend.

Last edited:

steelandcanvas

I got them from eBay some time back and I forget how much. They are listed now at $62.50 per shock, but I did not pay that much as I recall. Maybe $65 for the pair.

I do not think they are as good as the Monroe gas. They maybe, but I do not know yet. In fact, neither may do more than just dampen the vibration in driving.

I will see this next weekend.
Be sure and get back to us and tell us what you think.

dabtl

Just putting the two types on you notice the Monroe has plastic ties to prevent it from expanding until you have it in the holes. You pull the Mil Surplus to lengthen it to fit in the holes. I think the Monroe is in constant tension, where the Mil Surplus is not.

I am not sure which, if either, is better.

dabtl

The first two pics show the Mil Surplus/C&C Trucking shock. It duplicates the original but does not include new rubber grommets, washers or nuts. It fits fairly loosely.

The second pair show the 34787 Monroe installed. They came with new rubber grommets, new nuts and new washers. They installed easily.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks