• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Changing a 60 amp to a NIEHOFF 100 Amp Dual Voltage Generator

Mayor Joe

Has anyone installed a 100 Amp Niehoff Gen as replacement for a 60 AMP?
I have a 1991 M998 Hmmwv with 6.2L engine and 60 AMP Generator. I also have a good NIEHOFF 100 AMP Dual Voltage Generator that I was thinking of installing. Found parts / installation figures in TM 24P, but it refers to the Niehoff being installed in the A2 model. Any thoughts or tips?

Thanks - Joe

Mayor Joe

Why do you want to change it?
I'm interested in changing it because:

1) If the 60 Presotlite fails, I have access to 100 amp Niehoff Generators (12423625) Dual voltage
2) I'm not necessarily changing it - I'm curious if it's been done and whether the 100 amp dual will retrofit easily (and how) as a back up option and to provide a 12v circuit.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You need a cast iron bracket....the 60 amp Alum. bracket won't hold up.
100 amp V belt pulley shaft hole is bigger also.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's done all the time, as well as 200amp upgrades. The 60amp was discontinued and the 100 for awhile was the replacement, now it's the 200 amp...thats what the MWO was for.