• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Changing my engine oil M813A1

03silverado

J want to change the engine oil in my M813A1 before the spring 2012 Rausche Creek rally but I'm not sure what weight oil to use I've always been told 15W40 for a diesel engine but the info placard on my passenger side dash says to use SAE 30 does anybody know if it's ok to use 15W40 don't see what it would hurt just doesn't hurt to ask

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I do mine I'll use Rotella T 15w40. That's what I use in every diesel engine I have and my Brother does as well.

03silverado

I didn't think that it would hurt I just wants to ask I also planned on using the rotella engine oil I want to add a quart or too of the Lucas engine oil stabilizer to it I use it in my silverado and love it

03silverado

I can't even get ahold of Matt I've been trying for like 2 week but he must be on nights or something I had it up for sale on Craigslist but not even a nibble so I said screw it I'll insure it and drive it its worse to let it sit than to drive it

Goose2448

Yeah I have not seen anything or heard anything from him since he got his jeep. Gotta pay off the new car I guess. Well if I ever get the money, I'd buy it from you in a heart beat. I am trying to get a sensible car right now though. And with the price of diesel, she would sit even more.