• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Changing one piece M923 axle boots.

acme66

It was a tough job made worse by inexperience, working alone and broken stuff but I got it done. I made a little video for others to learn and laugh at me. I hope I don't have to do this once a year like some of you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3Z6_ySV8D0

Ken

PS: Look at what I found in the other side: IMAG0002 13.jpg absolutely no warning signs, must have been like this for years. It ran cool, quiet and tight. None of the nasty got in with the axle shafts so small blessings there.

acme66

Knocked the inner bearing out of that super bad hub and found the reason for failure, it was put in dry. A mistake someplace up the line was made.
Bearing 1.jpg Bearing 2.jpg Bearing 3.jpg

Ken

goldneagle

Does anyone know what gauge safety wire is required for the boot change. I see different gauge available on AMAZON.com.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks