• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

charcoal lighter fluid?

svd dragunov

allright another dumb question. did a lot of searching on charcoal lighter fluid, its basically petroleum distillates. has a similar flash point to diesel. is there any reason (aside from price) that i couldn't burn some in the deuce with my wmo?

Beyond Biodiesel

allright another dumb question. did a lot of searching on charcoal lighter fluid, its basically petroleum distillates. has a similar flash point to diesel. is there any reason (aside from price) that i couldn't burn some in the deuce with my wmo?
Charcoal lighter fluid should run just fine in any diesel engine, but it is more like kerosene than diesel fuel, so it should be blended with waste oils at about 70%. Here is a link to my YouTube on kerosene
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuJbpIC_fqY

TehTDK

Engineer775 on YouTube had a video about an old diesel car, VW - I think, that he was running on a pallet load of damaged lighter fluid cans. Seemed to work for him. Let me see if I can find it... ah, here we go...
According to his comments I take it he is referring to a VW Passat, and i am guessing 90-00 model 1.9L Turbo Diesel and I think it had around 100-105 HP or something like that

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks