• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Charger

NYCAMO

New to the whole asking questions on here thing so don’t beat me up too bad I’ve looked into some similar questions and looked at the wiring harnesses on the TMs. I have a 1987M998 with an alternator issue my gauge reads midway on the yellow when I run the vehicle off another 24 V vehicle the gauge reads as if it is charging just fine. I have checked all my grounds and other connections and they are all clean and tight I am however reading a dead short between the positive and negative terminals off of my alternator when the wires are on I’m wondering if there could be a dead short in the wiring harness between the alternator and the starter?

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If there was a "dead short" all kinds of exciting things would be happening.
How many volts from the output terminal of the alt and ground when running?
How many volts from the IGN terminal on the alt and ground when running?
Do you have a 60A alt? (2 belt grooves)

NYCAMO

Alt is not charging I believe my regulator is bad . Had time trying to find a direct replacement or if there is alternative one I can use ? I have 76761-N3119 in it now .

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Get a hand held meter and double check before assuming the factory meter is correct.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Alt is not charging I believe my regulator is bad . Had time trying to find a direct replacement or if there is alternative one I can use ? I have 76761-N3119 in it now .
Have you checked to see if the alternator is getting 24V to the IGN. terminal?

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also do you have a 100A or a 200A alternator?
Ether way the N3135 will work, the N3119 is only for the 100A alt, the N3135 will work on ether the 100 or 200A

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks