• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Charging system problem

acthomp781

VICTORY!! I replaced the printed circuit board for the instrument cluster, from LMC truck, perfect match, and all is well. Gen 2 light comes on when key turned to run, when wait light goes out, start engine and Gen light goes out and Gen 2 charging ~14.5 volts. Thank you to everyone who replied!

acthomp781

LMC part number 38-8036, printed circuit w/o gauges. LMC does not have the instrument cluster "backing plate", or case , the teal/green plastic part. I ordered one that they said would work, but wrong one, and LMC does not stock the right one. I have not found anyone who does stock them. Be very careful when R/R yours, they are brittle. And removing the dash pad makes the job WAY easier.

joeyaguirre21

Update finally! So I traced down all wires, all of them were found to be good, bought a voltmeter gauge installed it. Found out the new alternator that I bought a couple months ago went bad. So in the process of diagnosing my truck I found there is two relays under the dash. So since I converted to 12v the relays were 24v and I didn't change them so I believe those are what bur t the relay up since the relays are for the alternators. Just a word of advice since i had been diagnosing for the past several months. So bad alternator and relays

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Update finally! So I traced down all wires, all of them were found to be good, bought a voltmeter gauge installed it. Found out the new alternator that I bought a couple months ago went bad. So in the process of diagnosing my truck I found there is two relays under the dash. So since I converted to 12v the relays were 24v and I didn't change them so I believe those are what bur t the relay up since the relays are for the alternators. Just a word of advice since i had been diagnosing for the past several months. So bad alternator and relays
12v won't burn up a 24v relay , there simply isn't enough power to the 24v relay to operate it .