• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Chassis Height

PorscheTech911

Anyone know how much change in chassis height there is when you install HEMTT wheels on an M915A1? I'm worried about being able to hook up to dry van trailers and being to tall to get under them.

~Adam

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The HEMTT wheels are 20" and the stockers are 22.5. You will actually lower the truck with just the wheels, now the question is what rubber are you looking at?

PorscheTech911

Well to be honest I'm not really sure. Do you have some suggestions? I would like to get the truck to around 70-75 cruising speed, and be able to pull 50k lbs. It would be nice to have some off road capabilities as well, but that's not super important.

~Adam

M1075

The HEMTT wheels are 20" and the stockers are 22.5. You will actually lower the truck with just the wheels, now the question is what rubber are you looking at?
Yeah, good point. I misread the original question and got confused with another post regarding 16R20s on M915s.

M1075

Well to be honest I'm not really sure. Do you have some suggestions? I would like to get the truck to around 70-75 cruising speed, and be able to pull 50k lbs. It would be nice to have some off road capabilities as well, but that's not super important.

~Adam
Suggestion? Yeah, I have an easier solution. Get a commercial rig! Or build up a something wicked with custom mods like Soni did with his M920A1.

PorscheTech911

Suggestion? Yeah, I have an easier solution. Get a commercial rig! Or build up a something wicked with custom mods like Soni did with his M920A1.
No way! Commercial is the easy way! I like these trucks and I will not be talked out of it haha, thanks anyway! There is nothing wrong with using an older military truck, I'm a mechanic by trade and know how to fix everything on this thing. You shall see naysayers! :grin:

Coldfusion21

I would suggest looking at speed ratings. seems like alot of the meaty tires guys like to run are only good to 50-55.

If your gonna drive it on the road, might i suggest some OTR tires?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks