• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Chat missing

rickf

I have never been able to get into the temp chat. Found the Facebook page but could not do anything once there either. Oh well, back to reading.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Temp chat is java based, so it's even more picky about the users workstation and the version of java loaded. But it's better than nothing. :(

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The nice thing about temp chat is that I donot have to UPGRADE for it to work with my old nonupgraded yet laptop or disktop

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gotta watch that backend stuff. Noticed the site was down, figured Drew was upgrading again.....

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
123FlashChat is the company that sells the chat software we're running.

We had a trial version running on the site. But the files they've given us (a license file) seems to keep us locked into trial mode. I've started up the client, but it's still dead in the water no matter how many times I restart it.

Chris owns the license to the software. So I'm kinda having to wait for his correspondence with the vendor to get the issue resolved. (I stay away from the incoming and outgoing money for the site)

I've sent Chris an email asking where we stand at this point. I'm hopeful we'll just get the vendor to assist one on one with this and put it to bed once and for all.[/QUOTE]

Want me to send a couple of "The Crew" over ta have a "CHAT" with the vendor??

rickf

Temp chat is java based, so it's even more picky about the users workstation and the version of java loaded. But it's better than nothing. :(
All I get is a Windows 7 loading symbol just swirling around. It will go on forever but nothing will happen. I have the latest updates for Java.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Problem is, there's so many different flavors of Java and options it's impossible to sort it out on a case by case basis.

rickf

Thats alright, you guys type too fast for me in chat. By the time I respond to something you are on another subject!

Rick

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
123FlashChat is the company that sells the chat software we're running.
We had a trial version running on the site. But the files they've given us (a license file) seems to keep us locked into trial mode. I've started up the client, but it's still dead in the water no matter how many times I restart it.
Chris owns the license to the software. So I'm kinda having to wait for his correspondence with the vendor to get the issue resolved. (I stay away from the incoming and outgoing money for the site)
I've sent Chris an email asking where we stand at this point. I'm hopeful we'll just get the vendor to assist one on one with this and put it to bed once and for all.
I think we all understand it's not your fault and that you make super human efforts to keep the site going and healthy.....BUT....I have to blame sombody.

Personally, I think it's Ron's old outdated computers dragging the whole internet down.2cents:deadhorse:

Attachments

zout

TWM along with Santa and I were on temp chat this morning - this works almost as good - at least it was a way to touch base with folks
Thanks PT on getting this done while you pull your hair out.

simbalion

I can't currently get either chat to work right now. I don't appear to have the right program for the temporary chat. Yep, I am trying to get back on here more after my long absence.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The main chat is still not up. I'm stuck until we move forwards with it. The temp chat uses Java. Unfortunately there's absolutely no way to make flash or java based chat rooms work on every singe machine due to various issues with the user's computer software (Different versions of Java and Flash).

If it doesn't work, you can always try checking that Java is enabled on your browser, and check that you have the latest and greatest version. That *might* resolve some issues out there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks