• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Chat Problem

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been trying to get into Chat today at 11:53am CST and it does not work. Also the Chat information on the main screen has changed.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like it's keeping Tin out, good job on tightening security.

Less riff raff is always better.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm probably not going to open the chatroom back up until we're patched to the latest and greatest. I've been running a file scan all afternoon. Not sure how long that will take, but we need that done before the upgrade.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Drew your killing Tin, Papabear, Zout. If them old greezers can't chat your liable to give em heart failure.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been trying to get into Chat today at 11:53am CST and it does not work. Also the Chat information on the main screen has changed.
Lets tell the truth guys, Patracy changed this per Zouts instructions, seems you were spending to much time in Chat and not enough in the Garage working on the WC restore

roflrofl

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It worked. I spent all day doing metal repairs on the WC cargo bed. Hope to get it into primer tomorrow if the wind is calm. :grin:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
As of right now, yes, I've got it turned off. Been addressing other issues. It will return.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Maybe when the move is completed and https is implemented. But given the negative response to it and it's lack of use, it's not a priority.

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can't speak for the masses but we used it regularly when it was working. Hopefully some others will chime in. :popcorn:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Can't speak for the masses but we used it regularly when it was working. Hopefully some others will chime in. :popcorn:
I really liked the "old" chat. We would spend hours on it at night and have several conversations going on at the same time. There would be 20-30 folks on at once.

The newer chat I don't care much for...haven't missed it at all.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks