• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Chat Problem

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I was meaning that the software no longer exists, in terms of support/production/existence.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I was meaning that the software no longer exists, in terms of support/production/existence.
Yes, I know and I also know the almost super human efforts youse guyz spent trying to keep it patched up and alive and most of us really appreciated it.

I'm just saying the last version we had on here was something I just found no use for and rarely even tried to use.

I'm just speaking for myself but unless there is some sort of chat available that is at least very close to the old one it's a waste of time IMO.

nk14zp

I really liked the "old" chat. We would spend hours on it at night and have several conversations going on at the same time. There would be 20-30 folks on at once.

The newer chat I don't care much for...haven't missed it at all.
I sure miss chatting with all you guys that were in the old chat.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
That old software we all liked no longer exists as in being able to get it, let alone use/support it.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Is it just me or did SS chat disappear today from Tapatalk?
Yes, it was removed (intentionally). It will not return due to security issues. You can apply for a tapatalk account, then instantly join forums. This completely sidesteps a lot of security we have in place. This was seen to be abused by a Korean spammer a few months back. And lately with a account named "macyyy". That chatroom was something tapatalk setup to all it's forums under it's own directive to leverage all of this install base it already has with forums. And they did so across the board, without any consult of forum owners. When I get a text from the site owner about p0rn being in the "Steel Soldiers chat gallery" all of this came to light. Needless to say, there's a lot of forums that have disabled this as well.

Tapatalk's days are numbered here. We'll be moving to our own app.

BleedDemon

Yes, it was removed (intentionally). It will not return due to security issues. You can apply for a tapatalk account, then instantly join forums. This completely sidesteps a lot of security we have in place. This was seen to be abused by a Korean spammer a few months back. And lately with a account named "macyyy". That chatroom was something tapatalk setup to all it's forums under it's own directive to leverage all of this install base it already has with forums. And they did so across the board, without any consult of forum owners. When I get a text from the site owner about p0rn being in the "Steel Soldiers chat gallery" all of this came to light. Needless to say, there's a lot of forums that have disabled this as well.

Tapatalk's days are numbered here. We'll be moving to our own app.
I was wondering why I couldn't find the chat. I did see that recent incident with "macyyy". It's a shame. One person can mess it up for the whole bunch.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks