• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Chatroom Broken?

Tanner

We are back to the old Chat Room.

If you left chat because of all the recent problems with the new Chat Room, please come back!
Gee... sounds like the same groans of displeasure over the New Chat Room that were received when the M35's were replaced... :beer:

'Tanner'

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Mike, the other night Phil;2968 was having an issue with chat. He would come in, it would wait 5-6 seconds and then kick him out.

His pm to me:

asks me to log in after i join chat, about 4 or 5 seconds, asks for username and password. endless circle

What's up with this?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, the new "Poof-Blocker" IS working as planned.... 8)

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have Never been able to log into the New chat..

and , and, and, THAT SUX.. left it try and load for hours and its a NO GO
Do you have dial up? If so Ive talked to mangus and techies about it. Apparently the whole chat program itself is not dial-up friendly and most dial-up users get stuck at like 47% or 53% forever. So either upgrade your internet or... :???:

poof

Dirty Hippie
Do you have dial up? If so Ive talked to mangus and techies about it. Apparently the whole chat program itself is not dial-up friendly and most dial-up users get stuck at like 47% or 53% forever. So either upgrade your internet or... :???:

BINGO

&
internet upgrade Is not availble.
So Life go's on.
.. Thanks DH
I miss you Too.
LOL
:p
J.P.

dittle

I just get a page saying that it can't display the page (clicked on a link from the previous page with an IP address on it)

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's been 2 months. The new chat was a bad choice. Nothing is being done to fix it.

I have tried to explain to Mike, how many of us rely and depend on the chat to communicate with each other. Mike just doesn't seem to care.

Maybe everyone needs to start sending Chris and Mike PMs , until they fix it.(I think Mike needs to purchase a new/different chat program)

I have called Mangus almost daily, for an update on the Chat. All I get is, "I haven't called them yet", or" I haven't done anything..." This new chat is some cheap Chinese program(what a surprise it sux).

Adam, the fact that your blocked by work, was no concern to Mike(he said something like, "if your blocked, then you should be working", or something like that. Funny thing for him to say when he spent the last several years on the site, from his work place, all day long.
Posting the issues in the forums has not helped.

Last edited:

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your right Eric,
But it's not just me 'at work', there are many other members here who are deployed, who want to chat, who have to go through the same filters I do. I also agree that making long threads about the problems are not doing anything but taking up server space.

I'm going to start PMing Mike and Chris on a regular basis.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks