• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cheap ac

jrobinson5093

i have seen something like this on some old cars. it hung on the window and you filled it with ice and it pushed air into the car. simple but effective until the ice melts.

Keith_J

Automotive AC systems have refrigeration capacities of 2 tons and up. That is TWO TONS of ICE melting in 24 hours. And that is a small unit. You would need 500 pounds for an hour drive in a deuce.

Those ice air conditioners only work for small aircraft and then, only for taxiing and the like. Once they get above 5000 feet, it isn't needed.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
$600 for a ice chest with a fan isn't cheap. Not when I can build one for less than $50 with a ice chest, bilge pump, fan, and a heater core.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I found the air conditioning in my deuce about a week after getting it. There are levers at knee level on both the drivers and passengers side. Here in MN we have air conditioning at least 6 months of the year anyway. Your post brings up a good question though. How hard would it be to add a compressor and hook up everything to have air conditioning?

Last edited:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I do not do well in the heat due to some meds I take.

That being said the thought of AC in a deuce (or other tactical vehicle) never appealed to me.

I have suffered miserably in deuces (and in M915's) but that is the nature of the beast.

If you want comfort and lousy fuel milage buy a Ford Expidition or Chevy Suburban.

If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the duece.rofl

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I do not do well in the heat due to some meds I take.

That being said the thought of AC in a deuce (or other tactical vehicle) never appealed to me.

I have suffered miserably in deuces (and in M915's) but that is the nature of the beast.

If you want comfort and lousy fuel milage buy a Ford Expidition or Chevy Suburban.

If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the duece.rofl
Good for you, others might want to mod their vehicles for the latest amenities. After all I see lots of posts of M109's being modded for camping.