• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cheap Longer Brake Hoses?

BIG_RED

I promise I tried the search first. For almost an hour.

I'm replacing the 3 rubber brake lines on my M1009 (one for each front wheel, one for the rear diff) because they are 25 years old and look like they're gonna pop any minute. I'd like to get slightly longer ones than stock - so that I don't have to replace them again when I lift this thing in a few years. I plan on about a 4" lift - nothing crazy. I don't want to spend $200 on fancy stainless steel off-road extended brake hoses.

Somebody once told me that there is a model of GM truck that has brake hoses with the same fittings as the Blazer/M1009 but they are a few inches longer. Does anyone know if there is truth to this, and if so - what vehicle I need to tell the guys at NAPA that I own to get longer brake lines that fit my fittings and don't cost me several hundred dollars? I think I was told late 90's suburbans.. Ever heard about this?

Also, brake hoses on a M1009 are compression fit, correct? Do I need to buy washers or o-rings when I replace the hoses? (I've done this on other vehicles)

Thanks.

WARWAG

When ever you change brake lines they should all be done at the same time. Old ones give and you wont have as good of braking on all corners with the old lines. "Cheap" and brake lines should never be in ones mind. Quality. Now to help you out. Go over to Off Road Design and check out there stainless steel braided brake lines. You can get an entire set for your rig in the desired length you want for I believe $112.

ORD Braided Stainless Brake Line Kits, Extended Brakelines

BIG_RED

When ever you change brake lines they should all be done at the same time. Old ones give and you wont have as good of braking on all corners with the old lines. "Cheap" and brake lines should never be in ones mind. Quality. Now to help you out. Go over to Off Road Design and check out there stainless steel braided brake lines. You can get an entire set for your rig in the desired length you want for I believe $112.

ORD Braided Stainless Brake Line Kits, Extended Brakelines

There are only those 3 rubber hoses on the M1009 - I do plan to replace them all together. By cheap, I meant that the original AC Delco ones are about $10 each = $30. I"ve seen SS kits for several hundred dollars. I doubt they are much safer than stock ones, unless you're rubbing them on rocks all day.

Thanks for the link, will check that out.

BIG_RED

We have at least one goodyear in town, but I think they only sell tires. I'll call there tomorrow. If our place is just tires, I'm jealous that your goodyear is equipped to make brake hoses.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks