• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cheap passenger seat

illtemper

so my m52 didn't have a passenger seat when I got it,figured I'd bend some metal up or make one somehow.

the other day my daughter and I (she helps in all things vehicle related)go out to figure out what to do so my kids can ride with me. I'm looking at sheet metal and tin snips and angle iron. then she looks me square in the eye and says ,and I quote "what the he**,just bolt this toolbox in sideways"(16yr old).
so I see she's lookin at the toolbox that goes under the driver side door (my spare one),well ...duh .

anyway ,not perfect ,but it'll do and there's storage. now just need a backrest and some padding.

Attachments

Last edited:

Militoy

Post some pictures when it's all finished with the backrest and cushions.

When I went looking for a back seat for my '49 Jeep, I didn't like the prices of the M38 ones that I found for sale. I wound up mounting an early model Landcruiser FJ40 jump seat over a cannon ammo box. Now I have a folding back seat with locking storage. It's crude, but cheap and effective.

DMgunn

The local Mac's Hardware stores have small stacks of surplus HUMVEE cushions for literally a couple bucks apiece. They are mostly OD, some are tan, but they are all authentic MV parts :-D. Thought they'd be suitable for backrests or misc. uses.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks