• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cheap rock sliders on amazon

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is the thickness of the steel? If it is a light gauge sheet metal it will do little if anything to protect the truck. I like the idea of these as long as the function (protect) as they should.

Mark

Carrera911

Thank you for that answer, at that thickness it should help. Looks great by the way.

Mark
A guy I know bought these and they were only 1/8” thick. The main length of it was too short and it got pinched at either end, had to force it on with a jack on either side. I also don’t care for how it doesn’t follow the body line where it slopes up at the rear. Made in China, still not sure how they can make them so cheap but you also get what you pay for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GuntherRommel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
you are right, I agree they were a little to small and the holes interfere with the B pillar. They hang down 3/4" from the bottom side rail and yes they are made in China. I see other people trying to sell these for $800 on ebay. also would be nice if they followed the contours of the body

springer1981

Just the fact they are made in China is reason enough for me to pass them by. I would pay 4 times that amount for made in USA before I would support a communist country using our money to build up their military to use against us but I digress. I don't off road mine to the point of needing rock sliders and the design looks like it would trap mud and dirt in the body cavity between the slider and the rocker panel.

Action

So these just mount with bolts through the thin aluminum body? No reinforcing plates on inside of rocker?
I like the look of the milsysgroup rails. Open at end for better fit.
1648394068461.png.

Carrera911

So these just mount with bolts through the thin aluminum body? No reinforcing plates on inside of rocker?
I like the look of the milsysgroup rails. Open at end for better fit.
View attachment 862729.
Mine have bolts in from the sides and bolts coming up from the bottom placed in between the side bolts. Large thick fender washers on the insides. Drilling up from the bottom through the thicker rocker adds a ton of strength.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks