• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cheapest m35 A-3 ?

renovate7

I bought one for $3700 plus premium out of Warner Robbins several months ago, 3850 miles, with troop seats, cargo bows and cover. At the same auction someone here locally bought one for $3300 plus premium.

AceHigh

Gunwriter, I think the A3 prices have bottomed out because the A2 series is about gone and the interest of people entering the hobby will begin to bid the A3 prices up from now on.

It is anyone's guess at this point, though. I noticed when they first started auctioning A3s they were going for above $10K.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How much you pay is affected by many variables...

1) How many guys want the truck (which is related to...)
2) How nice the truck is
3) Where the truck is located
4) How many other similar trucks are on the same sale and are on other upcoming or recent sales.

I did watch the sales in GA where the trucks went low. However, in my opinion (and I have been following the sales for years), the WO/W trucks bring $5-6K and the W/W trucks bring $7-8K (they used to bring much more...I paid $8K for a WO/W truck a few years back and I was happy to pay it as they were bringing more money at that time (prices have since come down). As I said, a lot affects the exact price. I am looking for one and will jump on the right one. I just have not found the clean one I am looking for within a reasonable distance that met my price limit. The key is sticking to your limit or else you get in trouble.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I ran into a guy in Golden Valley, Minnesota with an A3 a few weeks ago that paid $17K for his A3 WO/W from a private party. He got it a couple of years ago and it was VERY rough and rusty. I didn't have the heart to tell him he got taken. At least he was happy with it because it ran good.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One thing I want to add to the OP, the trucks at Meade usually bring top dollar. I am not sure what it is about that location, but they never go as cheaply as some other places, like GA. The other thing to consider, though, is shipping. Sometimes, you save a dollar on the truck and spend it on the shipping.

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I ran into a guy in Golden Valley, Minnesota with an A3 a few weeks ago that paid $17K for his A3 WO/W from a private party. He got it a couple of years ago and it was VERY rough and rusty. I didn't have the heart to tell him he got taken. At least he was happy with it because it ran good.
I might have to find that guy and see if he wants another one! I'll even discount it a few thousand!

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is it about the M35A3s in WI? They seem to bring top dollar. I have recently seen (within the past eight months) W/W trucks bring $10K+! I have bid on trucks there because they were clean, but I dropped out way before that.

flyxpl

winch trucks at Sparta a few months ago went in the $6000 range . That sale had about 15 A3's in it so that helped drop the price .

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
winch trucks at Sparta a few months ago went in the $6000 range . That sale had about 15 A3's in it so that helped drop the price .
For whatever reason, I must not have bid that sale because it seems every sale there that I watch and/or bid the trucks go crazy. For the longest time...and it was not long ago (maybe eight months)...you could not get a winch truck there. I even saw winch trucks bring $12K or more. I could not believe it. I figured there must be a dealer around there who was buying them up. Thanks for the info. I'll keep an eye out.

sandcobra164

Bruce,
You're likely fighting Oshkosh Equipment on those Wisconsin trucks. They're very proud of the stuff they sale when you look at the prices and most of those Wisconsin trucks don't look as though they need any work.

gunboy1656

One thing I want to add to the OP, the trucks at Meade usually bring top dollar. I am not sure what it is about that location, but they never go as cheaply as some other places, like GA. The other thing to consider, though, is shipping. Sometimes, you save a dollar on the truck and spend it on the shipping.
With Meade your relatively close to Eastern Surplus and Clark truck, which will help boost prices. Plus a bunch of collectors as well.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The A3 w/w trucks that went out of Anchorage a few weeks ago brought 17k or so. :shock: In four years of semi regular GL watching up here in AK that was the largest lot of trucks I've seen, and it may have been the only lot of m35s I've seen. Location is a huge factor in the price. The one quote I got to ship a deuce up here was 11k so I suppose that 17k A3 may have been worth it. The A3s went for more than the very clean looking m923s.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks