• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cheapest rim for 14r20 tires

DaneGer21

Looking to convert my deuce to super singles, I have found 6 good 14.00r20 tires, so now I need to start hunting down rims.

Find a3 rims?
Aftermarket?
5ton with adapters?

Thoughts for a cheap setup so my wife doesn’t say No, Haha!!!

Thanks!

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Looking to convert my deuce to super singles, I have found 6 good 14.00r20 tires, so now I need to start hunting down rims.

Find a3 rims?
Aftermarket?
5ton with adapters?

Thoughts for a cheap setup so my wife doesn’t say No, Haha!!!

Thanks!
You know that 1400s won't fit on a deuce right? Unless it's a bobbed deuce.

Not unless you cut and extend the dog bones and the interaxle driveshaft. I did it years 10yrs ago. Before we could get 395s really.

DaneGer21

You know that 1400s won't fit on a deuce right? Unless it's a bobbed deuce.

Not unless you cut and extend the dog bones and the interaxle driveshaft. I did it years 10yrs ago. Before we could get 395s really.
Interesting, I must have misread at one point. I appreciate that. Good thing I had only found a source and not purchased them yet!

Reactions: HDN

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking to convert my deuce to super singles, I have found 6 good 14.00r20 tires
I bet you could sell those 14.00s and get six 95% 395s - for less money...

A3 rims will work OK for either size. Not sure if that option comes out cheaper than MRAP wheels with adapter plates.

My next option was 15.5/80/20’s.
Better don't buy those XLs; they will be way over 10 years old and also have a relatively stiff carcass, with a very high load rating.
Goodyear MV/T 395/85R20 is what you want for a Deuce...

Last edited:

DaneGer21

A3 rims will work OK for either size. Not sure if that option comes out cheaper than MRAP wheels with adapter plates.
The 14.00s are roughly 70% tread and I can get 6 at around $150/each after picking them up.

The 15.5/80’s are roughly 80% tread and about $160/each after pick up, but I can only get 4 for now

***these are both local/private sales near me, not business related***

DaneGer21

Better don't buy those XLs; they will be way over 10 years old and also have a relatively stiff carcass, with a very high load rating.
Goodyear MV/T 395/85R20 is what you want for a Deuce...
I appreciate this info!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks