• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Check how your tires are mounted

REF

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Like Mogman said, I only rotate Radial tires front to rear, NEVER in an X pattern.
An X pattern on a radial has caused belt separation and tire failure on my vehicles.
front to rear and rear to front left side same on right side so the rotation of the tire stays the same.

mgFray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Like Mogman said, I only rotate Radial tires front to rear, NEVER in an X pattern.
An X pattern on a radial has caused belt separation and tire failure on my vehicles.
front to rear and rear to front left side same on right side so the rotation of the tire stays the same.
Ya, I'm saying for an X, the tires need to be remounted to keep the orientation the same, but on the opposite side of the vehicle. I suspect chalking the tire and rim and mounting it back the way it was, but with the tire reversed won't require all new balancing (mostly).

Around where I am, I still haven't found anyone willing to balance the two piece rims for me.

Action

So all those thousands of slightly used tires we buy...we just put them on our trucks. Has anyone asked the sellers what side of a truck it came off of? No one will know that answer. I have never heard of our stock tires having belt issues after a used tire was put on the “wrong” side.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
So all those thousands of slightly used tires we buy...we just put them on our trucks. Has anyone asked the sellers what side of a truck it came off of? No one will know that answer. I have never heard of our stock tires having belt issues after a used tire was put on the “wrong” side.
They don't.

Rotating in an X or side to side doesn't effect anything. If it did then it would have been banned by the DOT on semis years ago. Steer tires are always rotated from one side to the other side to correct wear and any tire pull on trucks

Rears can be rotated in a front to rear, clockwise or an X on trucks.

Amazing how they get 100k to 150k out of steers . 300k to 400k miles out-of drives on virgin then another 2 to 300k on recaps. But yeah different direction causes belt issues.

Action

They don't.

Rotating in an X or side to side doesn't effect anything. If it did then it would have been banned by the DOT on semis years ago. Steer tires are always rotated from one side to the other side to correct wear and any tire pull on trucks

Rears can be rotated in a front to rear, clockwise or an X on trucks.

Amazing how they get 100k to 150k out of steers . 300k to 400k miles out-of drives on virgin then another 2 to 300k on recaps. But yeah different direction causes belt issues.
Im saying that i have never heard of belt issues with our stock tires. Most of us leave them with date code on outside, so they will change rotational direction. No issues. We just put them on the trucks in any spot. One side V will face opposite direction. No issues. Some people just like these to look a certain way.

Glider

Ya, I'm saying for an X, the tires need to be remounted to keep the orientation the same, but on the opposite side of the vehicle. I suspect chalking the tire and rim and mounting it back the way it was, but with the tire reversed won't require all new balancing (mostly).

Around where I am, I still haven't found anyone willing to balance the two piece rims for me.
Try a truck stop, love's shop usually has a tire balancer. My problem was finding a machine capable of doing 37" tires.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks