• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Check out my new mini forklift..

Chrispyny

IMG_1753.jpgIMG_1755.jpgIMG_1759.jpgIMG_1761.jpg

It's an army version of a Clark C20B. Used only by the mechanicsburg army national guard and serviced and tested regularly per the stickers and markings on the forklift.

I playfully bid on and then unfortunately won this cute little forklift on govplanet about 10 days ago. $1050. She runs great, works great, drives great. Picked her up at the Govplanet off base lot next to Letterkenny Army Depot in Chambersburg, PA.

Weighs 4500 lbs. Runs on propane, with a flat head 4 cyl continental engine. I honestly wanted this, but didn't want to drive the 6 hours each way to get it. U fortunately i had to go get it thusday am. Buddy and i drove from upstate NY to get it. With the sunbelt rentals hydraulic platform trailer, my 09' Ram Sport did a great job hauling it home but some of the hills through PA and NY did slow us down to 50mph.

Average speed home was 60-62mph. The trailer weighed at least 3000 lbs. It had the same dexter wheels and tires which my 10k landscape trailer has. I brought one of my wheels and tires as a spare. The forklift is 4500 lbs. all in, my guess with compressor, jack, tools, i was hauling 9000lbs+. Truck did very well as the center of gravity was centered well and fairly low to the ground. I would not however do it agian. Not a 6 hour distance anyways. I also have firestone helper airbags which fit inside my coil overs in the back. I'm pretty sure i would not have been able to make the trip otherwise.

I gotta go pick up a cylinder later today. Found an aluminum 44 pounder half full for $50 an hour away.
Just thought i'd share. Still not sure if i'll keep her or sell her. Prolly flip her. She's so cute!

Last edited:

tommys2patrick

Nice little forklift. good score. I have a little "trucloader" model. it will only lift 1000 pounds, but turns on a dime and gives a nickel change. perfect thing for in the barn where you have to work around lots of equipment and junk. wheels and tires are too small to use outside on anything but hard surface. just digs into the ground. you should be able to flip it and make a few bucks. The trailer is a big bonus as these don't go up ramps very well. I would make the trailer a big part of your selling plan. Heck, you could probably make more money selling the trailer. looks big enough for a small bobcat.

Katavic918

Nice. I was a forklift mechanic for 10 years. We had one very similar to that serving as a display piece in the front lobby of my last company. Let me know if you need any help.

Chrispyny

Thanks guys. Yeah the trailer was a rental. Sunbelt rentals hydraulic platform trailer. It would have been impossible to bring home any other way for me. I don't have anything to pick it off my landscape trailer at home so this trailer was a lifesaver.
$78 a day.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
They got 46 years of use out of that forklift.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Yeah the trailer was a rental. Sunbelt rentals hydraulic platform trailer. It would have been impossible to bring home any other way for me. I don't have anything to pick it off my landscape trailer at home so this trailer was a lifesaver.
$78 a day.
With only $78 invested in the trailer, you should be able to make a pretty good profit on it, when you sell it. Will it come with a clear title? :D

dmetalmiki

Nice truck. I (we) could NOT manage the repairs and servicing without my Hyster Ex Army fork truck. does not turn on a time, DOES lift 4 tons..on the button diesel, last FULL and complete service overhal January 2016.
All the original stickers AND service and repair manual, Headlamps! HEATER! full screens, turn signals, And..a 'go pedal' a Stop pedal..lift drop tilt..(simple to use) Lifts 13 foot, With clear view mast, And it has 'Inflatable tires' S0, VERY VERY pleased (and satisfied) to have this unit in our fleet.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks