• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Check the TM Statement!

hwcurtice

Maybe I should rephrase that:

LOGSA looks great. Hard to navigate. unless you're signed up for it. To get full access, you have to be military (Yes, you do, I tried).

Search is almost dreadful. Every time I clicked a link, it popped up a security warning. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot. And then went to a new window. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

Did I find what I wanted? I have no idea. I thought maybe I did, but I got tired of accepting certificates for the site...

:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

Is that over kill? :D

Heavysteven

No, telling someone to read the tm is for there own good. I printed them out and read them before I purchased my truck.

However, I don't want to discourage any one from posting questions.

Hopefully all the tm's will be up again because I enjoyed reading about other equipment.

gunboy1656

I downloaded all the TM's for the trucks and trailers I was interested in. so I have most of them saved either on my laptop, or the removable hard drive.

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
Take the time to figure LOGSA out, what were you looking up that you couldnt get to cuse your not in the Military ? All M35A2 info/trailers and other is on there and open for the public. Anything else civis shouldnt know about anyways. But most TM's for our trucks are easy to get. Call White Owl Parts co , they sell CD's with any and all M35 , 800 series, 900 series ,etc., etc. that you would need. Theres only 1 security certificates that you have to click on Logsa, https://www.logsa.army.mil/etms/ind...933bd494d-8421759E-96BD-C573-CDBCFD96FED268D6 . Maybe your computer is diff than mine security wise? , Jay

-Also if you get into an accident and you blame someone for the TM section being down then thats.. well... - Before you get into one of thease trucks from a 41' MB to a 2001 FMTV you should have read and known them front to back. I agree it sucks that the TM section is down to pull reg. maint. but shouldnt you already have the manual ?

Last edited:

hwcurtice

Take the time to figure LOGSA out, what were you looking up that you couldnt get to cuse your not in the Military ? All M35A2 info/trailers and other is on there and open for the public. Anything else civis shouldnt know about anyways. But most TM's for our trucks are easy to get. Call White Owl Parts co , they sell CD's with any and all M35 , 800 series, 900 series ,etc., etc. that you would need. Theres only 1 security certificates that you have to click on Logsa, https://www.logsa.army.mil/etms/ind...933bd494d-8421759E-96BD-C573-CDBCFD96FED268D6 . Maybe your computer is diff than mine security wise? , Jay

-Also if you get into an accident and you blame someone for the TM section being down then thats.. well... - Before you get into one of thease trucks from a 41' MB to a 2001 FMTV you should have read and known them front to back. I agree it sucks that the TM section is down to pull reg. maint. but shouldnt you already have the manual ?

I had just started looking into it late last night. My machine? A 64 bit Windows 7 mobile work station.

It was just frustrating. I use Firefox for surfing and every link in the site went to a new security warning and I had to accept a certificate and a new window opened up. My tabs were getting smaller and smaller and smaller...
I figured it would be easier if I could sign up for full access, but when one of the requirements was 'Branch of Service' and then 'Grade/Rank', I knew I was sunk...

All I wanted was a TM on my trailer! Which I now have from gunboy1656 [thumbzup]

hwcurtice

No, telling someone to read the tm is for there own good. I printed them out and read them before I purchased my truck.

However, I don't want to discourage any one from posting questions.

Hopefully all the tm's will be up again because I enjoyed reading about other equipment.

I agree. But hindsight tends to bite one in their, um... well you know.

If I knew then what I know now, I would have downloaded everything on the site about my trailer and I would not be begging for TMs on the trailer.

wdbtchr

For what it worth I have both paper and CD manuals for my trucks. I prefer the manuals for just browsing and when I need to work on something I pop in the CD and print just the pages relating to what I'm working on. That keeps the manuals clean.2cents:roll:

hwcurtice

For what it worth I have both paper and CD manuals for my trucks. I prefer the manuals for just browsing and when I need to work on something I pop in the CD and print just the pages relating to what I'm working on. That keeps the manuals clean.2cents:roll:

I'm thinking about the CD's but getting the right one is the challenge.
I think I found a couple on eBay for around $10.00 each, but I'm cheap too. :p

I am allowed to say 'eBay' here, right?

jasonjc

It maybe firefox. I've down loaded 50-100 TM's from LOGSA. It is so easy to shach you can just about any info to find what you need.