• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Check your Feedthru Terminal and Ground

twisted60

I was rolling around on the creeper yesterday and found an issue, truck started fine (only drove in and out of garage, still waiting on SF97).

Anyway I found that the Feedthru Terminal , TM 9-2320-280-24P-1 figure 69 *a

from battery box thru the body was not tight, inside battery box where you can see it was fine, but under the HMMWV it was loose along with the ground bolt,
TM 9-2320-280-24P-1 #33

that passes thru the shunt to the underside of the body.

I was surprised the truck started and I was not having any noticeable electrical issues.

IMG_1809.jpgIMG_1831.jpg

First pic is the before, you can't see but the Positive connection on the Feedthru was loose also. Second pic is a new bolt 1/2"x3", it appears private Snuffy had installed the wrong thread nut on the Feedthru and striped it, ground was just not tightened correctly.

So double check those connections, I could have fried some electrics or possible my EESS box, waiting for new Feedthru to arrive, ordered last night from Kascar.

twisted60

Looks like it's time to replace the cable in picture #1 that's a lot of cracking on the insulation.
Good eye, it's on my to do list, . I plan to replace all battery cables soon, just need to find a deal on 00 cable, I have enough 0 cable but not sure it's heavy enough. Thoughts ? 0 vs 00 cable for batteries.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lots of time it is the carc overspray paint that is cracking on wires, not the wires. Can't really tell if those are oversprayed?

twisted60

Overspray is probably correct, my HMMWV has probably the worst paint job on her belly, not sure if they use undercoating or not but it looks like paint on top of sticky black grease. Paint just comes off in sheets. My drive way looks like digital camo from all the chips i keep removing.

I'll take a closer look tomorrow at wires and see if it's overspray.

Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks