• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Check Your Tires

jasonjc

The other day I heard a loud boom out side. I've got a M135 with the OEM tires talk about dry rot. I have too fill them every other year or so, the truck is a non runner and just sits. So I thought that one of them blew out. I check it and they were all fine, then I saw my flat bed trailer with a flat. When I got closer, I seen big chunks of the tread sticking out of the top of the tire. This trailer has not moved in mouths the last time I used it I had check all the tires and they were all good. The other tire on this side of the trailer was going flat all the time. After getting it check 2 or 3 times they got it fixed ( bad valve stem will slow leak). Now I see that that one has some dry rot. So now I need 2 new tires. The bad part is I put 4 new tires on it when I got it, those got a recall so had them replaced for free with the ones on it now. They only have maybe a 1,000 miles. :x

Well the other tire on that side of the trailer blew also. Then a few weeks later one on the other side blew.:x:x

Now I need 3 more tires. Well 4 It's just a matter of time befor the foth one blows now.