• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Checking air in tires on a M923A2

Navo

Hey guys!

I know this is going to said way left field but here goes... I just recently bought a m923a2. This morning when Im looking it over I wanted to check all the air in the tires and bring to to the same pressure. When I went to check them I don't any reading. I also pushed the shredder valve and no air escaped. I know the tires have air in them. Does the CTIS prevent me from checking the tire pressure?

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Maybe someone bypassed the ctis and put schrader valves in the tire stem. What does the ctis do when the truck is running do you get any error lights? If the ctis is working it checks the tire pressure for you and sets it automatically.

Navo

CTIS comes on and highway setting flashes. I'm pretty sure the CTIS is working. The valves on the ctis look just like normal tire valves. I'm able to check and add air to my A3 with no issues. That's why I'm scratching my head.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe someone bypassed the ctis and put schrader valves in the tire stem. What does the ctis do when the truck is running do you get any error lights? If the ctis is working it checks the tire pressure for you and sets it automatically.
I has seen this a number of times. They put schrader valves in the wheel valve stem, so you can not get air in or out of the tire.
You can go to the other side of the valves stem and try it there. The valve stem on the M939's have schrader valves on two sides.

Navo

I has seen this a number of times. They put schrader valves in the wheel valve stem, so you can not get air in or out of the tire.
You can go to the other side of the valves stem and try it there. The valve stem on the M939's have schrader valves on two sides.

You are the man! Thanks a lot for your help! I checked the rears now just need valve extensions for the fronts. Again, thank you!