• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Checking for Interest in Cab tilt brackets, other tools?

Speedwoble

Based on photos and dimensions in previous threads, I am making a pair of cab tilt brackets for my FLU419. As you can see, I got an extra batch of parts made. Once I make mine to verify fitment and function, is there anyone else that would like a pair? I estimate $60 for laser cut parts and the machined pins, you weld together. $100 if I have to weld everything.
WP_000307.jpg

Are there any other tools that are a "must have"?
I am going to look into an adapter that will go from the loader bucket to a conventional hitch jack as found at TSC/harbor freight/Northern tool.

flu419

I would like a set although I will rarely use them. A more important tool would be the "stand" for the front bucket when you dismount it (& the correct chain length to tie the "legs" together). Don't think you need anything for the rear backhoe, it just sits on the ground.

Based on photos and dimensions in previous threads, I am making a pair of cab tilt brackets for my FLU419. As you can see, I got an extra batch of parts made. Once I make mine to verify fitment and function, is there anyone else that would like a pair? I estimate $60 for laser cut parts and the machined pins, you weld together. $100 if I have to weld everything.
View attachment 572507

Are there any other tools that are a "must have"?
I am going to look into an adapter that will go from the loader bucket to a conventional hitch jack as found at TSC/harbor freight/Northern tool.

Speedwoble

Rev 2 of the brackets have been made. They fit fine on my FLU, but I am looking for a person willing to test fit them on theirs to verify fitment on more than just 1. I will give you welded ones for the unwelded price, $60 shipped. You will need to remove your loader, unbolt the front cab shocks and rear cab mounts, space up the rear cab mounts to ensure your window does not hit the excavator latch, and jack up the front to verify the brackets fit. I think it can be done without removing the FOPS.
In return, I will you a completely welded set for $60 shipped.I have sent messages to those that have already expressed interest.
WP_20150807_22_07_38_Pro.jpgWP_20150807_22_07_45_Pro.jpg

I also made a jack adapter to lift my loader. I used the jack from a M105 Trailer, but I believe the concept could be applied to a trailer jack from TSC or equivalent.
WP_20150811_07_42_46_Pro.jpgWP_20150811_07_42_56_Pro.jpgWP_20150811_07_43_02_Pro.jpg

Next I am going to make a jib mounting to the roll-bar to permit raising the cab and possibly the FOPS. I need to work on the design a bit.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks