• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cheep batteries

papercu

battery

You'll need to size them according to your weather, the colder it get the more amps you need. Your battery shop can tell you, then shop around for the best price. Wayne

Westech

CPL
RE: battery

for what you pay in civy batts I just got a set of 6TL'S. really double the cost but worth it. they will last twice as long and you can crank FOREVER if need be.

86M10086.2L

My truck has some no name parts store batteries in it, 650 CCA. They worked fine down to -20 degs. Of course the truck only saw those conditions when I went snowmobiling, but they always worked. Would like some bigger ones like 6TLs or Optima yellow tops. But they were new and came with the truck.

AJMBLAZER

AutoZone's house brand Group 31 batteries. Fit like they belong in the truck and cost me $80something each with something like 1050-1100 cca's each.

However now I wish I had found a smaller civilian battery. I put a cold air intake into the front passenger side of the core support and the front 31 is too big and I had to jury rig a 90 degree mounting for it. I've seen where others did the same thing and didn't even have to disconnect their smaller, civilian battery to do it.

If I had the money I'd do a custom double mount towards the rear with yellow top Optimas or some of the knock off spiral cells.

NorthPatrol

I like the Optima Red top bateries. And right now they have a $25 rebate going on until 9-15-08. They are a little pricey but I feel worth it. The Red top is rated at 1000 CA and 800 CCA and the yellow are rated at 870 CA and 750 CCA. For the first 10 seconds or so they crank like a bigger battery.

JohnFire

You can also get group 31 optima's yellow tops. Alot more pricey. Or find someone that sells blemish batteries and get the truck ones that they sell. The one truck I have has those and they were $35 each.

jj

i live about four miles from the deka factory in Lyons,Pa. Last time i was there was Feb. 08 for a pair of 2nd's for the M-1009. I think they are group 31's, about 1050 or 1150 CCA. And the pair was less than a C-note. They sat on the garage floor all summer with no charging,(the truck was apart, but that is a WHOLE other story). A few days ago i put them back in and after five months of no charging and the truck not having turned a single engine rpm, the batteries lit it off on the second pull. The factory store did have 6TL's in stock, at about $110 ea. It just wasn't in my budget, although they would have looked right at home. The counterman also said that they did not always stock the 6TL.

JohnFire

The ones I got were at Naftzingers in Auburn. Here is the address and stuff. They aren't marked but they crank like crazy. For the price I couldn't beat it. I have found that depending on the place some battery makers will only sell their 2nd's / blemish batterys to their workers others will sell them to anyone. What JJ has found would be a great deal for anyone that wants the 6TL's.

500 S 7TH St
Auburn, PA 17922
Phone: (570) 754-7491

OLDCHEV4X4

Good info jj and johnfire. I was just past the Deka factory when i went to Fleetwood for the blues festival. Is that where the 2nd's store is?

jj

Yes! That is the place. There are signs posted on the road about the factory store. If you see the signs that say something about "This road is no longer a public thorofare" you are on the right path.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks