• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Chelsea PTO (Take-Off) for my M1088

mauinate

Winch is officially bolted to the frame of my M1088! The only strange thing was that the Platform Support Bracket had to be modified... No big deal, bit the winch when bolted in place covered the second hole in that bracket. Used a cutting wheel in a 4 inch grinder to slice it off. Pictures below also show that - after fighting it for hours - the muffler and heat shield behind the muffler were removed. That seemed like the only way to gain proper access to torque the 8 mounting bolts attaching the winch to the frame.
Looking good! Do you still have the block off plate for your tranny from when you put the PTO in? I'm in need of one for my 2002 1088.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks