• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Chemical Agent Alarm

twlinks

I posted some pics the other day of the bedliner and paint in my M1009. Someone asked about the bracket/mount on the floorboard on the passenger side. I didn't know what it was for either, but several people offered that it is for a "Chemical Agent Alarm" and maddawg308 indicated these could be purchased from Murphy's Surplus. That was clear back in 2007. I checked with them yesterday and they do still have them, in "unused" condition for $90. The model they have is AN/PSR-2. I ordered one and it should be here by the end of the week. I pray we'll never "need" one here but I thought it certainly has the "cool factor" and would make a good conversation piece as well. Mike at Murphy's said they keep one on display and every time someone turns it on, the siren goes off and scares the "Bejeezus" out of everyone in the store.

Anyway, here is a pic of it from Murphy's. Mounted pics in my '09 to follow. I also have a detailed description of their function and use if anyone wants it.

1383.jpg

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Getting the membrane for the sensor that is in date is the hard part, fits on the round area. They are great noise makers, I have a M42 mounted on my 1009 brush guard for parades. I remote wired it and let it wail when kids wave at the truck, louder that honking the horn.
I am not positive but think the bracket on the CUCV floor may have been made to mount M43 detector, part of the M8 alarm system. I have never seen a picture in a manual with anything mounted there, has anybody?

BTW, any chance you can make it up to Glen's this weekend? #1

Last edited:

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have M42 Alarm Units mounted on the dash plates on my M1009s.

I don't have the other unit they attach to with wires. Is this it? Looks like it has the output terminals.

Cheers

Last edited: