• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Chevy 1-1/4 Ton By Roadside

WarrenD

If this is the wrong place for this, Mods please move. While on my way home, I happened across what appears to be a WW2 era Chevy 1 1/4 ton truck. The for sale sign says Chevy army truck, a phone number and $750. It's located in Cheshire, CT in front of Bishop's Farms.
I didn't want to get too close until I was sure my tetnus shot was up to date. Cab is about shot, rotted thru in many places. Right door is inside the cab. Left door still attached....for now, many rot holes. Front end looked ok, hood and fenders rusted, but seemed more intact. There was a winch frame mounted behind the cab, looked to be a farm-add-on. Engine and trans was there, no idea on condition. If anyone is seriously interested, I did take down the phone number and I'm guessing that the price might be negotiable. Frame was rusted, but hard to tell if it was just surface or rot.

Attachments

Lifer

In Memorial
In Memorial
I've seen much worse than that brought back to life. I sure couldn't do it or afford to have it done for me, but it has been done. This one looks like a fella could show up in a wrecker and say "gimmee fifty bucks an' I'll haul it away for ya." Who knows? It might work. ;)

WarrenD

It would be a tough restore, but the reason I put it up was to give the truck every chance possible before being sent off to become a Toyota. I really hope someone tries, or at least wants parts to make another one run.