• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Chevy Engine Adapter/T-98 Trans

troop2865

I have decided to switch to an automatic overdrive transmission. I have all of the parts to convert from the stock engine to a small block Chevy. Also included is a NOS T-98 transmission. The transmission has very few miles and was brand new when installed a few years ago. The truck is garaged and everything is in good working order . I am simply switching to get the overdrive. I am asking $700. Thanks

troop2865

Not familiar with that swap. I just bought the truck and want to be able run reasonable speeds without over revving the engine. Is there a link that talks about that swap?

troop2865

I thought about it, but the price seemed high. I have just purchased an M1008, and the plan is to take the drive train from it to place in my M715. There is just a little bit in me that does not want to tear the 1008 apart, even though I got it cheap and the body is rough...only 29k on the 1008.

troop2865

May consider some parts in trade. I could use a straight set of front fenders and a hood black out light set up. I also need a divorced NP205 transfer case and some 16.5X10 or 12 8 lug chevy wheels. I prefer aluminum.

troop2865

Bob,
I called and left you a message. I shipped the axles this week so they are sold. I still have the adapter, clutch, and transmission available. I know you build converted M-715 wheels. I also have 5 wheels that are in great shape if you are interested.

Thanks,
Tim