• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Child Carseat in Deuce

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't forget the ear plugs. Little kiddies need there hearing so the first half of life we teach them to walk and talk then they go through the stage where it's sit down and shut up.

Viper350

Not trying to get off subject but, thanks for nipping my wife's only reason for me not getting a Deuce in the butt. "JUST WHERE DO YOU PLAN ON PUTTING YOUR SON IN ONE OF THOSE THINGS?" Now, with a smile on face, I can tell her, why in his car seat where else:D

number9

Not trying to get off subject but, thanks for nipping my wife's only reason for me not getting a Deuce in the butt. "JUST WHERE DO YOU PLAN ON PUTTING YOUR SON IN ONE OF THOSE THINGS?" Now, with a smile on face, I can tell her, why in his car seat where else:D
Anything I can do to help [thumbzup]

rbeasley66

I just added a third seatbelt in my Deuce, just in case I needed it. I have a carseated granddaughter that loves riding with me, so when her Mom wants to ride she can feel safer now. I found some retractable seatbelts in a prop bus at our fire training center and I added them to the original seatbelt mounts. Their not green like the others, but they are hidded until I pull them out when needed.

Attachments

rbeasley66

That was the view from above. Under the seat, I bolted the new seatbelt release end to the drivers release end anchor because the ratchet/locking belt would not fit that close to the suspension seat. The ratchet/locking belt was bolted to the passenger seatbelt release anchor bolt, I have to reach with my fingers between the seat back and seat bottom to pull it out to hook it. But it works!

Attachments

Farmun

I just added a third seatbelt in my Deuce, just in case I needed it. ...........

Did the same thing about 3 weeks ago. My son (11 yrs old) and my nephew (7 yrs old) love to ride in the Deuce. But I've only been able to take them both around the farm at the same time. Now all three of us can ride together, and not worry about the seatbelt issue.

.... USAF deuces have padded cushions to be attached to the troop rack bottoms and backs (yeah, sure) for a nice cushy well ventilated ride. Also good for mother-in-laws........:twisted:
...and nagging/complaining/snippy significant others !!!

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has anyone added anchor points to the frame for a car seat? I feel like that would be the safest option for this. (Also it gets the wife piece of mind which means I don’t hear about it)

sue

Noise, air conditioning, wife happily following you
she pulls over (eat, potty, diapers etc) you keep
chugging along at low speed. much better
in the long run.
Take it from someone who’s ex,s can fill could fill a
a minivan, (number and size now!)

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Noise, air conditioning, wife happily following you
she pulls over (eat, potty, diapers etc) you keep
chugging along at low speed. much better
in the long run.
Take it from someone who’s ex,s can fill could fill a
a minivan, (number and size now!)
Well we only have the 2 year old right now, and who wants to take two cars camping etc.? When we PCS she can follow in the kid hauler lol. We have the noise licked with a muffler and lizard skin interior and the kiddo doesn’t take off her ear pro so that’s good.

I just want my kiddo safe and have as little questions as possible from johnny law when I get pulled over.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks