• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Chilly Deuce Fun

migz

Just a quick post. We got a foot of snow today and none of the plows come out to our place. I thought it a good opportunity to take the Deuce out for a spin to beat the snow down a bit for the wife’s grocery getter. It was the first time I have driven the Deuce in the snow and found that a foot of snow is no match for the beast. I had a good time playing in the snow and yanking out stuck vehicles.

Attachments

daithi

Quite nice! Got any hills to speak of that you climbed up? We go a whole inch for Thanksgiving, LoL but its a start.

madsam

Migz.. I live in Cripple Creek. I come threw there every week to go to work. It looks like you got more snow than me. We had about 10 inches. I hope they clear it by Tuesday when I come through.

migz

Madsam,
The snow really tapered off north of here. I had to run into denver and there was maybe 4 inches in the Centenial area. I-25 was a mess between the Springs and Castle Rock. Between Larkspur and Centenial I counted 6 wrecks and one dead 3 point buck. I am sure it will be fine by Tuesday.

migz

I wish I had more pics, but the wife wasn't too hip on coming along with me. We live on a hill and the county plows don't like to come up here I would estimate the grade to be about 6% in places nothing overly steep. The deuce handled it no problem.

70deuce

Migz, not as much snow here in Franktown but still had some fun with the BV206 AKA M973 Small Unit Support Vehicle and pulled a pickup out of the ditch on Hwy 86. Don't have pics of that. I need to carry the camera when I go play after a storm.

Attachments

madsam

migz - The snow is about 3 inches now. Not even worth plowing. I usualy come up 67 to CR67 through Sedalia. I hate Monument hill between the springs and Denver. Some people go to fast, and others go to slow. So the rest of us are trapped between and with that traffic, there is no place to go. The mountains might have a little more snow. Not much. But I only have to worry about me and not 10000 other crazy drivers. besides the springs traffic seems to always be messed up.

migz

70Deuce,
I usually carry a cheapy digital camera in the glove box of my Jeeps to capture off road escapades. I will have to throw one in the GB of my Duece. I would love to check out that M973 of yours. I hear there is an MV get together in Sedalia once a month or so. Do you participate in that? As a side note I am running my truck to the springs tomorrow to get the thing smog tested for registration. I guess there aren't too many emission stations that can handle tandem axles.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks