• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Chinese IP Head

uscgmatt

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The few dealings Ive heard of the shops want a ton of money, if they will even touch it. Do you know of any good pump shops on the east coast?

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Replacing the IP head is a pretty easy job, and if that is what failed to begin with, usually corrects the problem. That said, there are other things that can go wrong in the IP and cause the motor not to run.

Ed

uscgmatt

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My first IP head was leaking pretty badly at the lines on the hydraulic head. So I went to the junkyard found a decent looking one and changed it out. That solved the leaking but caused the motor not to idle below 1000 rpm. Then I bought a new one from china, installed it and now it wont start at all. I think my IP is cursed :roll:. Pretty soon I will be able to do HH swaps in my sleep.:-D

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Green Gem Depot may have some IP's, I bought a couple takeoffs from them last year.

Nevermind, I just looked, they don't have any listed

Last edited:

scooter01922

Does this mean you got the o rings i sent?? :)....sorry to hear about the head not working out. Double check everything again, i find that while you may get quicker doing repetitive tasks you also become more prone to forgetting something entirely silly and stupid but critical.

uscgmatt

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sure.......send the money to China.
Thats why I got a used one first. I bought new because I am getting tired of changing the darn thing.

Originally Posted by scooter01922
You have a source for US made hydraulic heads that won't cost more than my truck???

:ditto:X2

Csm Davis

guys I am sorry to hear of your many problems I have a local shop that does work for the military and a large engine builder,when they open after the holidays I will pull an I.P. and take it to them to get a price on reman. Stay tuned!

Divemaster920

Banned
I stopped by my local shop today.
I was told that they could clean it up and maybe get some gaskets........But NO WAY could they rebuild one.