• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Choctaw H140 heater cycles a lot.....normal?

njjeeper

Same thing happened to me last year. I chased it for a while but it ended up being the ignitor. The transformer itself is in a metal box with 2 tubes that extend into the combustion housing(the high tension ignitor wires are in these tubes). At first I thought it was the noise supression circuit that filters the AC and I changed that. No dice. What made it hard to track down was that when I pulled the ignitor out and bench tested it, it would work. Then I would re-install it and all was well for the first few times i used it. Then back to no spark. Finally I pulled it out, hooked it up and let it run with a jacobs ladder I built with my son. After about 20 mins it stopped and wouldn't start again. Likely an internal short that showed up when it was hot. They are pretty specific piece of kit so if you cant find a replacement then you will have to get creative but really anything with enough volts to jump the gap and run continuous should work. I happen to find new ignitors online for a different heater but the transformer was the same so I used my housing and the new transformer. I suspect this is a bad batch of transformers and many of us with this heater will have this problem in the future since this is not the first time I have heard of this issue with someone else's unit.

TJ

blackrock

I got 2 of these heaters want to buy them cheap? Lol I don't have time to be messing around with them. Think I'm going to buy a new waste oil heater and be done with it. 610-212-3528. Give me a call I'll hook you up

212sparky

So I have two of these heaters that I've been using for the past 4 years. Every year it always seems to be something. They will run really good but then all of a sudden be a mess. Both of mine have an issue a flame out they will not start the flame I don't know what's wrong with him. We have cleaned them reset the electrode replaced the Transformer and bypass the pressure switch still nothing I'm at a dead end with these things. Anyone have any idea? I have good pressure but no Flame and it doesn't seem like it's getting any Spark. Thanks Kyle
Do you have the remote cable and want to sell it?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks