• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Choices of tires for 1010 & 1031

Shrapnel

Just a Hoosier stuck out west!
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My M1010 is on 37's with no lift. Requires some decent trimming, but I've had no rubbing issues. I'm already thinking the 37's look too small...

mtn man

Put 255/85 R16's on my 1008 and father in laws 1028. Summit mud dawg's.... no issues and a very aggressive tread with load range E These are basicly a 34X10.50X16 that fit up nicely.... going to do the BFG next time I think in the same size... not a lot out there in 255/85. Not too wide for the 6" wheel and about 1/2 taller than the 285/75

Attachments

Last edited:
Yesterday we decided on the 37's fpr the M1010 started cuttin stuff loose then today headed to the spring shop for ubolts and centre pins and what we got tonight was three corners done with only one to go in the morning. Thanks to some help of some friends the lifting went sweet all springs no blocks . We use springs out of a M200 trailer . they are same width and staked in perfectly.

Attachments

Shrapnel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How wide are your wheels? It looks like your sidewalls are stretched out pretty far.

What kind of backspacing do they have, too?

Shrapnel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My speedometer is only off by about 10%. So, 50 = 55, etc. Not much. I checked with GPS.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lift and tires

I got excited when I saw that.....nice look. Did you lift yours to get the 37's to fit? Details

Wish we would have gone with a bigger tire because water still gets in with my 35's on. I get a little rub when in extreme terrain but the tires are 315 70R 17 Dunlop Rover and might be wide. This 1010 has a 4" lift.

We're around the 10% mark for speedo too and if someones not aware, doesn't drive by RPM sound, then over revving can occur.

Attachments

We used springs off a m200 trailer and got about 8" s overall handles great still gotta do some triming and heat an beat. Now to find some old school bug gaurds those old flat ones . I ya got one for this model truck in smoke color PM me . Also need to find a light bar for the cab got 2 nice strobes for the back . Thanks to a friend i no i no Doc dont got no friends but i pay him well so he's cool. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Next is the winch and bumper.

Doc, thats looks badazz! Did you already have the M200 springs, or did you purchase them for the M1010? If you bought them for it, can I ask where, and ballpark cost? im looking to lift my M1010 also, eventually going to 36-40" tires(undecided how extreme I want to go with it), and I looking for an economical alternative to an over the counter or custom built liftkit, without drastic sacrifices in ride quality or weight carrying capacity. had been considering 4-6" springs upfront, with 0 rate kit, and possibly a 2" add-a-leaf, for the rear to keep stockish ride a 4" shackle flip, and 2" add-a-leaf and/or 0 rate kit if needed. I dont mind trimming the fender openings on the box since I'm seriously leaning towards cutting the lower fins off to make the box straight acrossed on the bottom, but I dont want to do any trimming on the front fenders since they're about perfect shape. If money wasn't so tight, I'd love to go with a Desert Prerunner-style Flared fiberglass fender, which would give more room with less lift, and no rubbing even when flexed out offroad. Any info is greatly appreciated!! And Shrapnel, your M1010 is b%&chin too, and a twin to mine, minus the mods you've done!! Mine was a Pa. S.W.A.T. truck, and the main feature that made me go to look at it, and then buy it, was the gunlocker that the P.D. had already installed (one mod i planned on anyway, they just saved me the cost and hassle!) Plowboy, we've talked before, so you already know i dig your ride![thumbzup] 8)

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks