• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

christmas came early with 2 deuces

shadey dave

Hi im new to the board so forgive me if this is in the wrong section . Just last week at a local auction here in Newfoundland ,Canada I was luckey enough to accuire 2 retired mlvws . They are in reasonable condition with a few parts missing from the engines but otherwise complete . I was having some trouble finding info on these rigs until i stumbled across this site . A quick look through the fourms and i have already found answers to questions i never even thought of . Its great to find a group of people who when you say "hey look what i just bought " the reply isnt "what the heck are you going to do with that"

ida34

I would love to have one but I never seem them available down here. We must have pics when you get around to it.

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
Welcome, I,ve been to Newfoundland 3 times hunting moose and caribou.Beautiful country up there. Becareful MVs. are addictive.

m109guy

Glad to hear someone else has gotten a hold of some MLVW's. We will have to start our own MLWV club soon enough :D

I hope to work on mine during the christmas holiday. I have to install some parts that were missing on mine as well.

Can't wait to see some pictures.

shadey dave

ok despite a snow storm this morning which cleared by mid afternoon we managed to get the 2 rigs back to my shop and as i have read in earlier posts the starters ,rads ,and oil coolers are missing which was not a surprise .I have a local rad guy who says he can get or fab a rad for anything i need and i have sourced a starter from another friend at a heavy equipment repair yard . I have had a good look over the 2 trucks and there is definatly enough parts to build one good one with plenty of parts to spare . however the biggest drawback i have discovered so far is me being 6'4" and 280lbs the cab size is horribily cramped . Seems when they built these rigs they must have planned on guys my size being the cargo not the drivers . Was dark by the time we got them home , i will post pics as soon as i can .

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
What the hell are you gonna do with that!? BWAAAAAAAAhahahahahahhahhahaha. Sorry, had to. We want more pics! Welcome to the club.

m109guy

I see that this is another MLVW in Newfoundland that is missing the rad.

But other than that, it looks pretty solid.

shadey dave

Thanks guys it will be after xmas befor any progress begins , but here are a few more pics . just an update on condition ,the tires on both rigs are almost new michlen radials all around , the cargo beds both have the drop sides and one is like new with very little rust ,both battery tray covers are missing but the battieries and wiring is intact however the batteries are junk .both of the hard tops are in rough shape one rusted bad the other is trampled , the grille pieces are in the back and also some roof top carriers ,one has new drive shafts and shocks and the front end lookes serviced with new boots and fresh silicone around the seal ,none of the troop seats or canvas roof bows are complete . both trucks seem to have had driveline components replaced befor they were taken out of service . truck with the good bed has bad rot in the cab and fenders and it appears to have been od green , painted white , then back to green . It is for certain that one will be scrapped due to the condition of the cab so a buddy of mine wants me to build him a buggy with the leftover axels , his cherokee on 44s can be seen in the backround of one pic.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks