• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Christmas lights on the deuce

Banshee365

Hey guy's. Here's a few pics of my deuce with some Christmas lights on it I've had on since late November. I'm going into town to take some pics next to a lit up tank as well tomorrow evening, so expect those tomorrow.

-Kelly

Attachments

FreightTrain

Banned
man,How long of an extention cord you got!Gonna look like one of those mid 90s Dominos Pizza Commercial where they were portraying their competitions answer to the Heatwave bags......hee hee hee.

Banshee365

Yea Kenny, not sure if the wheel cylinders are leaking but it's been rolling for a few day's now. I can't tell any differance but I have better piece of mind. When I get the brakes all done and hte pedal firm I'll be really happy.

The extension cords are pretty long and for road use I put my little Honda generator in the bed with the lights plugged in and away we go to light up the town. Looking forward to getting some pics next to the tank tomorrow.

-Kelly

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
With X-mas right around the corner, I've been asked to have my deuce in the local Christmas light parade. Has anyone come up with a way to run lights off the 24V connector? I'd like to hear how others have powered their lights.

I'd also like to hear the best way to attach lights.

tsmall07

A local Kenworth dealer does something similar right off the interstate. They put lights on the wheels that blink in succession so it looks like the wheels are turning. They also put a light up santa in the driver's seat and a Christmas tree in the 5th wheel. :lol:

One year, I loaded my big generator to power the lights. Not feeling like killing myself last year I used an inverter clipped onto one battery (12 volts). It worked okay for the 30 minute parade.

Michael

I bought some LED Christmas lights on clearance last year and planned to hook them up to a power inverter. Most Christmas lights are low voltage bulbs wired in series to run on 110 volts. You could cut them up into strings of 10 to 20 and rewire them to be in parallel and run them straight off of the truck. Seems like a lot of trouble to me, but it might be better than dragging a generator with you.

67Beast

I just throw the genset in the back and away we go. It's a lot easier than dealing with inverters and such. The best way I've found to attach the lights without marking the paint is to use zip-ties. Luckily army trucks have lots of tiedown points and place to use zip-ties on to hold the lights.