• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Christmas Tree Recovery

Happyland1410

I just added one more response for the question that every Deuce owner must answer on a regular basis "What are you going to do with that?". Today we used the Deuce for a Christmas Tree "recovery".

My daughter always helps me pick out the tree so she was even willing to ride in the Deuce for this important recovery operation. As we were pulling into the local Home Depot to pick out a tree, we laughed at the little 1/2 ton pickup pulling out with a small tree in the back. We were prepared to get a "proper" size tree even though as we left home my wife gave us instructions to not get an "obnoxious" tree like we did last year. :roll: My daughter picked out a nice tree that even fit under our 9 foot ceilings without having to cut a foot off of it like last year. :shock:

Great Fun!

Attachments

rlwm211

Hey the tree even matches the color of the truck!!!!!

Way to go, glad you had a nice day and there is nothing like getting your daughter to tag along and enjoy the ride!

RL

deuceiswild

I just recently answered that question by taking it to my churches fall day and road 31kids and 4 adults around in a field for 30 minutes. I get asked the question were's the Deuce as often as what are you going to do with that. My most common response is I use it to haul trash, I usually get a strange look and they ask if I needed a truck that big to haul trash. Dont we all need a truck that big?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
That truck looks great.

wsucougarx

Ahh, forget the tree. You got one great looking truck. I like the nice sharp lines on the camo. Did you paint that truck? Hmm are you sure on the date of your A2C? Looks like you have a later model USAF contract truck. The reason I say this is the chassis handles are indicative of a 1986-1988 AM General and the location of your air scoop for your heater unit. Do you have a blue warranty plate on your dash? Do you have a decal on the inside of your glove box stating your truck was rustproofed?

Last edited:

Happyland1410

Thanks for all of the nice comments!

Ahh, forget the tree. You got one great looking truck. I like the nice sharp lines on the camo. Did you paint that truck? Hmm are you sure on the date of your A2C? Looks like you have a later model USAF contract truck. The reason I say this is the chassis handles are indicative of a 1986-1988 AM General and the location of your air scoop for your heater unit. Do you have a blue warranty plate on your dash? Do you have a decal on the inside of your glove box stating your truck was rustproofed?
I'm curious what "chassis handles" you are refering to? I know parts get swapped around a lot so maybe that explains some of these differences.

It appears that the truck had new CARC done at Fort Sill in 2004.

Everything I have (Title and info from CARNAC) say 1975 and it appears to have spent it's life on the Fort Sill Army Base. I work with someone who had been a mechanic at Fort Sill years ago and he told me that the bumper numbers indicated that it was in a training unit.

It does not have a blue warranty plate or rustproofing decal.

The sticker on the passenger door and on the M105A2 I recently picked up from Fort Sill both happen to have the exact same CARC date. I like that my truck and trailer match.

Attachments

wsucougarx

The chassis handle I have on my '86 and '88 trucks have these rounded chassis handles like yours. Also it was pretty standard of the USAF to lack the pioneer tool racks as well. I don't know she just looked like a late model M35A2C.

Here's a pic with a faint circle around the handles

Attachments

srodocker

I also did a xmas tree recovery but i went to a boyscout spot where they were selling. you should have seen the kids facing as i rolled up. they had tons of questions for me as my gf picked one out hahaha

rlwm211

I would say that your effort and that of your daughter deserve a

STEEL SOLDIERS

2010 Christmas Campaign medal!!​

NICELY DONE!!!​

RL​

Last edited:

AceHigh

Thanks for sharing the Christmas tree story. In exchange I will give you the song my Florida daughter sent this morning. And she thinks Florida is cold!

To the tune of Dashing through the Snow: Dashing to my car, as fast as I can go. My windows frosted over so you'd think that we had snow. grr grr grr. Fumbling for the keys, fingers going numb I think to myelf, Why did this cold front come. grr grr grr. Freezing cold, freezing cold, it's freezing cold outside. I can't wait to celebrate Friday when it is again 75. :)

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Happyland, great story, and great truck. [thumbzup][thumbzup][thumbzup]

Now why did I sell it to you and infect you with this GREEN Fever????

Warthog

davidkroberts

that is a much better answer to the "what are you gonna do with it?" question than my usual :which one I have several......:driver:

nice truck, good story, nice family, cool tree:grin: