• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

"Christmas Tree Run" with the Deuce

Jeepjake

We had a great time today, loaded up the Jeep, dogs and lovely Wife and hit the hills with a bunch of good friends.

Snow has been very late this year, so we only got into about a foot or so and almost nothing on the roads but packed ice. Generally there is 2-4 feet here by this time of year. The Deuce did great with the Jeep in the back to keep it weighed down. Got to our secret christmas tree stash :) about 60 Mi south east of Bend, unloaded the Jeep and terrorized the snow drifts with the willys for a while. The realitively clear day allowed for some really great pics of the area. all the big mountains were hidden in the clouds but the "rolling" or maybe "sprouting" cinder cones were a great view. Anyone familiar with Central Oregon, may recognize this as the South Eastern portion of China Hat. Just South of Horse Ridge, and Pine Mountain.
I hope everyone's weekend was equally as grand!
Cheers,
Jeep

I loaded the durn pictures backwards....
first pic: End of the run, my lovely wife waiting paitently for me to stop takin pictures.
Second pic: The group gathering at the first major fork to check our loads, unlock hubs, and make sure all the rigs are ok.
Third: My two Kids, holding down a tire that had suffered a sidewall tear, Im not sure if they just wanted to be part of the fray, or if the sidewall was a little bit warmer than the snow!
Fourth: We had to perform some creative "jacking" using the wich on my Jeep to change the tire on by buddy's sammi, snow was too soft for a jack to work easily.
Fifth: Some central oregon scenery
sixth: more of the same
seventh: more of the same
final: My lovely wife ready for a day of adventure.

Attachments

srodocker

what a awesome set of pics!!! i need to get down there more...im going to be down there late auguest to the dunes! going to be fun.

im planning a mountain trip hopefully February up here...