• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Chrome'd out deuce

nchittendon

So this is the "hot rodding" area, right?

Has anyone ever done a chrome'd out, hot rodded deuce? I'm talking open the hood and BAM! bright yellow block (or body color matching) with chrome rocker cover, chrome this, chrome that.......

I was at a car show the other day, and although it would be expensive and kind of weird, it would be different and unique......and expensive since you would have to one-off most of the parts. But tell me it wouldn't be kind of neat to see!

Imagine this, but as a deuce. Follow?
A DSC01212_0.jpg

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So this is the "hot rodding" area, right?

Has anyone ever done a chrome'd out, hot rodded deuce? I'm talking open the hood and BAM! bright yellow block (or body color matching) with chrome rocker cover, chrome this, chrome that.......

I was at a car show the other day, and although it would be expensive and kind of weird, it would be different and unique......and expensive since you would have to one-off most of the parts. But tell me it wouldn't be kind of neat to see!

Imagine this, but as a deuce. Follow?
View attachment 520480

Been done, more than once.

Attachments

Last edited:

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe its just ignorance on my part but I cannot ever even imagine why a person would want to put chrome on a Deuce Military truck, its beyond anything I could ever imagine doing???

nchittendon

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of the style on this kind of vehicle, but would be neat to see. Something different. Something personalized. I'm partial to a proper restoration, but won't knock a person for creativity.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe its just ignorance on my part but I cannot ever even imagine why a person would want to put chrome on a Deuce Military truck, its beyond anything I could ever imagine doing???
My theory is that anything that is chrome in the civilian world should be flat black in the military world. You think wheels should be chrome? Then paint the wheels on your deuce flat black. You want the lady silhouette on the mud flaps? Paint them flat black. Flat black is the new chrome.

JasonS

What is the big deal? Folks modify Deuces the same way they do cars, motorcycles, houses. It is one of the great freedoms of being American.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
"Back from the dead, with the shaved head...."

Needs spinners.

I like functional mods, but I think the truck looks great as Uncle Sam envisioned. However, it's your truck, do what you will to it.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
STILL, even though we may think OH NO on some of these mods, remember it IS there money, there truck, we may not like it but WE do not count, ONLY the owner matters, the owner may have some of the same thoughts about some of the stuff we do to our trucks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks