• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CHUCKY'S TREE HOUSE !

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just put 5 gallons of 383 on my 1083 camper ! Mixed 4 part 383 1 part laquer thinner and it came out great .There was some concern with the Rapco being to glossy so i used 4 to 1 paint and laquer thinner shot it outside in 80 degree sunshine i shot 5 gallons and not 1 run and thats not because im a good painter it went on so easy the truck was like a sponge ! I sanded the cab and box with a da and 220 and a scuffpad and it came out flat no sheen . If i had known it would go so easy i would have done this a year ago.

Build 01.jpg Build 02.jpg Build 03.jpg Build 04.jpg Build 05.jpg Build 06 Back Doors IMG_2810.JPG Build 06 Back Doors IMG_3531.jpg Build 06 Back Doors IMG_3532.jpg Build 06 Back Doors IMG_3537.jpg Build 07 Side Door IMG_2813.JPG

Internal Build Out

Build 08 Interior IMG_2691.JPG Build 08 Interior IMG_2867.JPG Build 08 Interior IMG_3431.JPG Build 08 Interior IMG_3434.JPG Build 08 Interior IMG_3465.JPG Build 08 Interior IMG_3475.JPG Build 08 Interior IMG_3477.JPG Build 08 Interior IMG_3479.JPG Build 08 Interior IMG_3563.JPG Build 08 Interior IMG_3584.JPG

Internal Build Out Part 2

Build 08 Interior IMG_3628.JPG Build 08 Interior IMG_3640.JPG Build 08 Interior IMG_3750.JPG Build 08 Interior IMG_3755.JPG Build 08 Interior IMG_3772.JPG Build 08 Interior IMG_3779.JPG Build 08 Interior IMG_3789.JPG Build 08 Interior IMG_3949.JPG Build 08 Interior IMG_3951.JPG Build 08 Interior IMG_4001.JPG

1083 with 5 gallons of Rapco 383

Painted & Ready for Fun! IMG_4036.JPG

Painted & Ready for Fun! IMG_4037.JPG

Painted & Ready for Fun! IMG_4039.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
chucky You mentioned that you know how to email pix from your iPhone. Heck, send them to me and I will post them up for you. I'd be more than happy to post them and label them as your pictures... Send me a PM and I will give you an address or my txt address to send them to?

coachgeo

Last edited:

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You did sorta what was thinking if I was to push my ambulance box up to the cab (but that would mean rebuild walls and move wheel wells.. but I digress) question about the added on chamber shown in the first pic.. what is the purpose of that?
I made that intake box when i first started playing with the idea of a big generator set was that i didnt think the intake hose would go around the back of the gen windings but i was able to use factory intake pipe through the bend around the tail so i did away with that box

Kbarnes0

I just caught that icon in your post that said m1090 are you going to mount a box to your dump bed?
That's the plan. Going to cut the dump sides and mount similar to what you have by cutting the container floor out.

It's a 45' high cube, so may do a sleeper above the cab since we have the dump to raise it and clear cab tilt for service.

Got 5 to fit in there so every bit counts.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
That's the plan. Going to cut the dump sides and mount similar to what you have by cutting the container floor out.

It's a 45' high cube, so may do a sleeper above the cab since we have the dump to raise it and clear cab tilt for service.

And on top of that, if you have a sleepy-head who won't get out of bed you have the opportunity to stand them up and slide them out the back door! This might be really fun :cool:

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Man thats a hell of a good idea . Go get you a new automatic welding hood and new gloves and atleast 50 lbs of rods your gona need em!!! And a good respirator for when your grinding any of that green paint before welding that carc paint in the lungs is bad bad juju dont push your luck . Keep us up to date when you get started and one day at a time theres no rush .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks