• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cim delete what I know

Odomje

I have a 30kw that the cim didn’t work so I removed it.
the generator is in service working perfectly.
I made a block out plate and added a water temp sensor and oil pressure sensor. I also got three amp volt displays and installed them.
generator seems to be working fine. Has any one else dealt with this?
is there something else (looking at other threads) I should be worried about. Some threads people seem real concerned about having a working cim, I don’t see the need.
thoughts?
comments?

Odomje

The cim from what I have discovered is just a display for the other computers on the back plain. Simply un-screw it and remove the cables. I have done this on three machines now and there is no change in operation. To block the hole I simply cut a piece of sheet metal to fit. I then went on Amazon and ordered a direct read oil pressure gauge and a direct read water temp gauge and installed those to the motor in proper spots. The spots to install are there . Oil remove the electric sender and install direct read. Water there is a bung on the side of the upper portion of motor that feeds upper hose , install there.
I then got a three pack of amp/volt digital gauges from Amazon and installed them in proper spots on lead wires to monitor all three phases.
machine has been in place like this working for months with no issues.
I haven’t found anything the cim does anymore than just a display for the computer on the back plain.

Odomje

Who ever put a computer in a gen set had sand for brains. You should explain what and how you did it. The engine and Main gen are rock solid. The computer crap is the problem.
The computer stay it’s just the cim I removed. Haven’t figured out how to remove all the computers yet, that’s next.
see thread for what I did.