• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

civi IP vs mil IP

richter1978

I just recently received a rebuilt IP from Badger Diesel. It is a civilian HD pump for 6.2. He says it will replace the military spec pump that I pulled off. My question is, should I keep the mil pump for any reason or send it back to him for my core charge. Thank you in advance. Hopefully I'm not :deadhorse:.

edpdx

OK; but is there a difference between pump brands or upgrades that make one better than another?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I hate to dispute that, but there's a lot of crap parts coming from china now for bosch and standyne pumps these days. However, if your buying a rebuilt pump from a authorized rebuilder, they should have decent parts in them. I just know this from my experience with VW bosch VE pumps and from what I've seen in the cummins world.

So my advice is really, if it's a huge amount cheaper than the average prices you've found, odds are it's got cheaply made Chinese components in it.

jimmy-90

This is a question that has crossed my mind before but I never thought to ask. Would a new civi pump be less prone to damage from ULSD fuel?

2deuce

The perception gets fueled I think because some are listed as the HD version, military version, and civvy version. They were also updated so it all adds up to confusion.

cfish

I saw an add for a rebuilt pump that is capable of bio diesel. Is that a sales gimmick? Is there something done internaly that changes seals etc?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
If it's truly done right, the seals have been replaced with Viton seals. They'll stand up to bio/WVO/ULSD a lot better.

southdave

1990 and above 6.2L and 1994 6.5L engines have the following new and revised parts:​
*Cylinder Heads.
The 1990 cylinder heads have been revised to meet 1990 emissions standards.

Precombustion Valves.
The 1990 engine is equipped with reverse throat precombustion chambers.

Exhaust Valves.
The 1990 exhaust valves are coated with chrome to prevent burning and to
increase durability.

*Exhaust Valve Stem Seal.
The 1990 engine is equipped with a new exhaust valve stem seal that
is not available for previous model engines.
Cylinder Head Gaskets. The 1990 cylinder head gaskets have new circular combustion seals and
are made of a non-asbestos material.

Fuel Injection Pump.
The 1994 fuel injection pump has a TP sensor and a revised calibration
procedure.

Fuel Injection Pump.
The 1990 fuel injection pump has a new governor and a revised calibration
procedure.

*Fuel Injection Nozzles.
The 1990 fuel injection nozzles are shorter and are orientated ten degrees
from the vertical.

*Fuel Injection Lines.
The 1990 engine is equipped with high pressure fuel injection lines.

Fuel Injection Line Brackets. The 1990 fuel inject
That from the TM's there are also different rebuild lits for that pump ect.. if ypu want i have the Part #

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks