• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Civi K5 Blazer electric door swap

joediveguy

I picked up a couple real nice electric doors from a 1987 K5 Blazer and was contemplating swapping them onto my Oh09, whose doors are pretty ragged. I am looking for anyone who has actually done this for advice on how to hook up the electrical wiring. I really don’t want to gut the doors and swap the internals but I will if I can’t figure out the wiring. Thanks in advance for your help.

Joe

MarcusOReallyus

I recall reading a thread about somebody doing this on a pickup. I would think the wiring would be the same. I don't remember if it was an M1008 or M1028, but either way, you should be able to find it with some searching.

nyoffroad

It's been quite a while but IIRC you would need the whole inside cab wire harness from a civvie truck and I don't know if it would match the rest of the truck. I suppose you could "patch" it together but do you really want to do that? I love power windows and have them in my truck BUT I swapped over everything. Changing over the window regulator isn't hard just a little tricky, use duct tape to hold the window up.

richingalveston

I did not swap the doors but I did add power windows to my existing doors and I used the wiring, motors and regulators from an 87 suburban. the hard part is the switches, they have a special connector on the back. I would recommend getting the wiring harness from any 80's model truck at a salvage yard. I bought the whole suburban for $600. took the power windows, tilt column, civy cluster, seats, and a few other items and then got $650 back when I scrapped the truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks