• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Civi trailer wiring made easy

airmech

After reading a few threads on trailer wiring I thought I'd post my solution. It simply plugs in in place of the mil plug at the weather pack connectors. If you want to use the mil plug it only takes about 30sec to reconnect it. I used a 7-round/4-flat combo plug for versatility, although I haven't hooked up a brake controller yet as none of my trailers have electric brakes. I'll add one on at some point just in case. The weather pack pin-out is as follows:

truck-side connector---------------------------trailer connector

male connector---------------------------------Female connector
A - BRN - tail lights-----------------------------A - brown wire
B - GRN/WHT - Blackout-----------------------B - not used
C- GRN - Right turn/stop----------------------C - green wire

female connector-------------------------------male connector
A - BRN/WHT - Blackout-----------------------A - not used
B - YLW - Left turn/stop-----------------------B - Yellow wire
C - BLK - Chassis ground---------------------C - White wire

Just hook up whatever type trailer plug you want like this and it will simply plug in to the harness. The weather pack connectors can be purchased here- www.pcsconnectors.com . You will need a molex type crimper for the pins, you get them on e-bay pretty cheap sometimes. To make it a true 7-pin, add a brake controller of your choice and hook the output to the heavy blue wire. Run a 10-12ga wire from the 12v junction through a 20A fuse/breaker to the heavy black wire. The heavy yellow or orange wire is the AUX pin which is normally used for back-up lights, but this is optional. Overall it's pretty east to hook up and only cost about $35 in parts-not including brake unit. Hope this helps!!

Attachments

KaiserM109

RE Setting up a civilian trailer to be towed by either an MV or civilian: There is a set of lights available from American Superlite that will take both 12V and 24V. One source is: American Superlite Oval Stop Tail & Turn/Front Park & Turn LED Lights but I think there are probably other outlets. Just search for "American Superlite".

Right now my M101 is set up for civilian use only, but I just mounted a receiver hitch on my deuce and I intend to set up the trailer with these lights.

Arlyn

ohfisherman

thanks a ton for the info. just finished mine up and it works great. used the same 4/7 as you. super easy. it took a little time to crimp the wires. a crimper for the weather pak plugs costs $68.00!!! the hardest part was drilling through the bumper.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks