• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Civilian armoring the HMMWV

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can buy a Marauder. Look for the Top Gear episode that features it.
View attachment 837551

it is built in South Africa

View attachment 837552
Why i had rather just go up and pull that lion off the hood by his tail as to have something red in my driveway and only 485,000 and look they couldnt plan the position of the wiper motors ( AH HELL JUST CUT THE WIPER BLADE OFF } Geeeese just kidding

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And someone here was selling 4 x 8 foot sheets of Kevlar level 3 this past week. If I remember correctly each sheet weighed less than 350 pounds. Cut correctly you should be able to get three sheets to cover the critical parts. Just my 2cents.

Hummerhmm

And someone here was selling 4 x 8 foot sheets of Kevlar level 3 this past week. If I remember correctly each sheet weighed less than 350 pounds. Cut correctly you should be able to get three sheets to cover the critical parts. Just my 2cents.
That sounds like it may do the trick.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I have been admiring those kevlar sheets for longer than I should have been. I keep thinking strategically adding a few "door shaped" pieces and maybe some behind the driver would be a relatively inexpensive way to "stop stupid" if it ever happens.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been admiring those kevlar sheets for longer than I should have been. I keep thinking strategically adding a few "door shaped" pieces and maybe some behind the driver would be a relatively inexpensive way to "stop stupid" if it ever happens.
If not stopping stupid, it would at least slow stupid down to be survivable. And smaller pieces can be glued onto the edges of hard plates (overlap from front to back at least 3-4 inches) to stop spalling from flying up into your chin, or to the sides into your arms, etc.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks