• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Civilian trailer lights

dilligaf13

I'm looking to run lights, to a civilian trailer I want to tow with my M932 tractor. I took the wiring harness, from a M105 I used on a bobber project, so I can plug into the M932's rear trailer plug. The problem I'm running into is that of the 8 wires, in the M105 harness, I can not locate the wire that activates the brake lights. I've located right turn, left turn, running lights and a wire with a constant 28V. The remaining 4 wires seem to have no purpose, as they get no voltage. Any ideas?

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The brake light switch is activated by air. If there is no air in the system, or not enough to activate the switch, you probably won't find it by pressing the pedal. If that doesn't work, there is a pin out diagram in one of the TMs and the P2P program.

dilligaf13

Thought I remembered needing air in the system so I checked it while running and still had no luck. I don't have admin privileges on my computer so I can't get the P2P program to download or open. I'll double check the TMs and check to see if I'm getting power at the trailer connection pin.

dilligaf13

Found the schematic for the trailer lights. Looks like 22-460 and 22-461 run both the turn signals and their respective brake light, instead of a single wire running both brake lights. Standard military redundancy....

Attachments

Goobs

I am in need to do a similar thing - I want to tow my civilian car trailer with my MV

Someone needs to make and sell them. It would be a popular item.

Goobs

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The military tail lights (not blackout ) are just the old 4 wire setup, ground, running lights, left turn/brake, right turn/brake. the turn signal bulb IS also the brake light bulb.

tobyS

How about going to 24 volt bulbs the same size or diodes?

I have a bunch of 24 volt dc ice cube relays (you would need 3, I think) to isolate the 12 volt (the 12dc then comes from a (fused) line from one of your batteries). They could be put in the battery box and a you use the spare terminals for the 2 new brake 12 volt + and the (1) -. Oh yea, running lights need a fourth terminal and 3 relays.

Caution... make sure that ground/-/negative/neutral is the same as the truck. It is possible to get the other end connected and make a short.

Or I believe there is a way to do it with a resistor in series.

Last edited:

RodUSMC1962

I had my buddie run civi line with female end to plug my civi trailer in, works:driver: great and I still have my military hook up for the 105. Only had to buy the female plug.

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought a ruggedized converter from xm381.com and he is very helpful if you have any questions. The quality was top notch.

Bryan
I did too, got the one with ABS. It works FLAWLESSLY, worth every penny.

Not to mention that the proprietor is a member here as well, good to support members' ventures when they put out quality products that work beyond expectations. I've towed various semi-trailers as well as pull-behind equipment trailers with great success, I'd buy another without hesitation if the need arose.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks